Sutra Study Series
Great masterpieces in music, art and science arise from a deeper state of consciousness and have nothing left to be improved. This is why studying such masterpieces have a profoundly calming effect on the mind. This is the case with the study of the yoga sutras.
This series aims to focus on a few topics that are most relevant to and easily understood by lay people like us to motivate and sustain our yoga practice - be it asana, pranayama, meditation or anything else in the yogic discipline. The yoga sutras will be used as the core with material also drawn from yoga rahasya, hatha yoga pradipika and the teachings of the Buddha.
1) The Yoga Practice as defined by Patanjali
Date: Sat., Feb. 19, 2022.
2) The foundation for Ashtanga Yoga as laid out by Patanjali
Date: Sat,. Sept. 4, 2021
3) Ashtavangani- the 8 limbs of Yoga (Part 1)
Date: Sat,. Nov. 20, 2021
4) Ashtavangani- the 8 limbs of Yoga (Part 2)
Date: Sat,. Dec. 4, 2021
5) Siddhis: The mystic powers from meditation - Part 1
Date: Sat,. Feb. 5, 2022 and July 30, 2022
Video recording (Jul. 30, 2022)
Audio only (Jul. 30, 2022)
Video recording (Feb. 5, 2022)
Audio only (Feb. 5, 2022)
6) Siddhis: The mystic powers from meditation - Part 2
Date: Aug. 6, 2022